Become a SCFS Gifter
We all take a trip to the supermarket for granted these days. The technology even exists to have groceries delivered to our door within the hour, wth just a few taps on a phone screen. But imagine you’re in the middle of the Atlantic or Pacific Ocean and run short! Imagine you don’t have enough time while in port to get off, find a shop, and buy what you vitally need. This is the reality faced by seafarers and is felt even more acutely around birthdays and Christmas time, when presents are at a premium, if appearing at all. I’m sure you can imagine how this might feel. Fortunately, with your help, we are able to help bridge this gap.
How do I (or my church) send them?
Contact your nearest port chaplain / volunteer ship visitor.
Or get in touch with us at SCFS Head Quarters.
What can I send
Here’s some examples of essentials:
- Toothbrushes and toothpaste
- Soap, shower gel
- Shaving cream
- Men’s and women’s deodorants
- Cleansers and moisturisers
- Disposable razors
- Sanitary products
- Combs and brushes
- Lip Balm
- Clothes / T shirts
Seafarers also appreciate:
- Chocolates and sweets
- Handmade Christmas cards from families or children
- Teddies and other soft toys to take home for their children
- Notes or cards of appreciation
- Bibles and Christian literature in their own language
- Pens and note pads